ICSI (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection)
ICSI is an advanced fertility treatment procedure and is performed by Morpheus in-house Embryologists who are highly skilled in the micro-manipulation technique. This technique is performed under a powerful microscope with magnification up to 400 times. A single egg of the woman is injected with a single sperm of the man. The fertilization rates of ICSI are better than IVF as it bypasses the natural fertilization process. This procedure is highly advantageous in qualitative and quantitative defect of sperm/egg.
In cases where there are no sperms in the semen (Azoospermia), sperms can be retrieved surgically from the testes or male ducts with procedures such as PESA, TESA or TESE.
Steps involved in ICSI :
- Controlled ovarian stimulation with hormones for development of multiple eggs
- Ovum Pickup under short anesthesia, a simple 20 minute procedure
- Injecting a single good quality egg with a single good quality sperm by micromanipulator
- Culture till embryo stage in incubator
- Transfer of 2-3 best quality embryos inside the uterus (womb)
- Detection of pregnancy 14 days after embryo transfer