What is Semen Cryopreservation (Freezing)?
Cryopreservation is the advanced process of storing tissues, cells or organs at a very minimum and low temperature to preserve their viability. These cells or tissues can be revived by thawing under proper conditions and reused. In assisted reproductive technology we often have to freeze sperms. eggs or embryos.
Indication for Sperm Cryopreservation:
Human Sperm Cryopreservation is Important for Multiple Reasons:
- To know when the male is sterile.
- Fertility preservation for males, who plans to go for the vasectomy process.
- Develop a pathological condition that will eventually render them sterile.
- Availability of sperms during IVF treatment and subsequent cycles.
High Advantages of Cryopreservation:
- Reduces the risk of morphological changes.
- Reduced risk of cross-contamination.
- Create a safety of microbial contamination.
The motivation for Auto Cryopreservation:
- Development of diabetes leading to erectile dysfunction.
- Availability of males during IVF treatment.
- Surgical sterilization by vasectomy.
- Radio or Chemotherapy during cancer- which might lead to sterility.
- Occupational hazards in sports, exposure to high temperatures, etc.
What is Semen Banking?
The purpose of cryopreserving semen (sperm banking) is to help ensure the possibility of conception in the future. When choosing a sperm bank, it is important to find a facility that you believe will be in business for many years to come (we have been open since the 1980s) so that you can safely store your sperm long-term.
Our sperm bank uses the most advanced medical equipment available and has around the clock security to keep your specimens safe. If you are reaching advanced reproductive age, have a hazardous occupation or will undergo major surgery, you are an excellent candidate for sperm banking.